Thursday, April 21, 2005


BEFORE TEENAGE ROBOT. Did you guys know that Teenage Robot was not Rob's first show? Rob did several shorts for "Oh Yeah" Cartoons and his favorite was "Mina and the Count." It really looked like "Mina" was going to be his first full-fledged series and that's where he put his hopes and energies. But for many different reasons, one of Rob's other shorts, "Teenage Robot," was the one that went the distance. Click the audio clip above to hear Rob talk about this in a short recording from last week's ASIFA MLAATR presentation. Posted by Hello

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that show very much!

Kevin said...

It's great to hear Rob's voice. I was very interested what he had to say, but until the end that Rob was talking more about MLAATR, the recording stopped just as it was getting good. Anyway, I'm glad Rob decided to do MLAATR as a cartoon series.

orcafan said...

I saw M&tC on Nicktoons channel.

mrgroh said...

How about posting some stills from Mina and the Count?...........

Anonymous said...

Awesome autou(sp) post! So...Thats what MLaaTR was gonna be like in the beginning!


~Kayla A.

VMM said...

Hey, I remember M&tC. It was good.

Glen Bosiwang said...

I've never heard of this one before but I would love to see it after finishing the entire 'Teenage Robot' run, perhaps?

-Glen!

Dragonrider1227 said...

I saw that cartoon. I never knew it was him! I kinda wish that got a series too.

Rynan said...

Well, I hate to say this, it probably won't happen. If he did do it, it would just look like he's stepping on Billy & Mandy's coat tails(I had my doubts about that show, but now I think it has become the Invader Zim of a new generation).

max said...

Wait, was that on Oh Yeah Cartoons, or CN's "What a Cartoon Show"?

Anonymous said...

the original aired on "what a cartoon," but "oh, yeah!" aired so many clips i really thought it was going to become it's own. i would've loved it! the characters were great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a day green music video site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) Join is free for all list your site plus more